Friday, May 14, 2004

That's not a bug, it's a feature!

Comical Ali (Former Iraqi information minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf
"There are no invisible amendments to this blog. Never!"

Since I consistently scribble down whatever crap takes my fancy hold myself to the highest journalistic standards, I've decided to make two changes to the blog.

First, I've taken advantage of the Blogger update to add the ability to make comments to the blog. It's worked when I've tested it, but the free version of Blogger, even after its recent upgrade, obviously isn't as good as those hackers who run TypePad. Maybe, when I finally learn more about how this HTML thing works, I will eventually get this facility working better. I've already had one complaint that it isn't working correctly, so I hope that it's fixed now. If not, just mail me at the address above.

Secondly, I will try and make my changes to existing posts more transparent by adopting the Bloomberg news wire format for changes; in future, if I update a post, I will add a subtitle to point out the update and write the date and a summary of what has been altered or added at the bottom of the story.