Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The Spirit of Christmas


Massacre of the Innocents - Fra Angelico

Herod was probably the first person to have his Christmas plans go seriously awry, as mine did today. Having made an effort to organise a meeting of Irish bloggers, I turned up at the Market Bar at 1.30 pm to find it closed, an unexpected state for a Dublin pub, who would, in my experience, be happy to let anyone lick their mop after hours in return for a few coppers.

I ended up in Bar Mizu in the basement of the Powerscourt Centre. Any day that I manage to spend speaking with Tony Allwright, Michael MacGuinness, Darren O'Brien, Philip O'Sullivan, John McGuirk of the FI and John Fay is obviously a good day, but my profound apologies to anybody who came along to the Market Bar. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...