Saturday, October 02, 2004

Change of Address?

After much frustration with Blogger, I'm looking into moving over to Moveable Type and hosting my personal blog and one for business on typepad.com. The decisive factor is the piss-poor comments features for blogger; even I hate to try and add anything to a post. I'll probably sign up for the thirty-day trial and see how I get on with the technology, but I can't imagine it will be too hard.

I'm toying as well with a name change. Not that I don't like the Black Line, but the theme and design are too specifically Chinese. In spite of my intentions at the beginning, I've only written two or three posts on the Middle Kingdom, including the one just above.

The alternatives might be

  • Peter Nolan - unimaginative, but it can't go wrong as a description
  • The Vogon - after the unimaginative, insensitive and brutal, but impressively factual race of bureaucrats that demolish the Earth in The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Sophist, economist and calculator - from Eddy Burke's famous lament. Chivalry? I prefer being the Madame Lafarge of the market economy
  • The Chestnut Tree Cafe - a fairly obscure reference to the haunt of the discredited party members in Orwell's 1984.

Any feedback would be welcome...