Monday, April 05, 2004

Look at My Column!

I like doing these tools of self-analysis - this one tests which New York Times editorial columnist you represent. I get a different answer every time I try it, seemingly because I change my choice for the actor best suited to portray me on film. First I'd got Paul Krugman, then Tom Friedman.

David Brooks
You are David Brooks! You're exceedingly smart, but
your writing is as compelling as wallpaper. You
are a thoughtful though hard-line conservative,
but lack any of Safire's verbal pyrotechnics.
In addition, you dress like you're colorblind.
Fall down, juvenile.


Which New York Times Op-Ed Columnist Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

I think "wallpaper" is too harsh. He doesn't write as pithily as Robert D. Kaplan or match the wonkery of James Fallows, or wield a rhetorical samurai sword, cutting down opponents with a deadly flick of the wrist like the early Paul Krugman, but I do like his writing. Who could possibly say that Bobos in Paradiseis dull?

Peter 笔德